January 19, 2010

Most Important 10!!!

This weeks Most Important 10 project is... Describe Yourself in 5 Words...easy huh! Well not quite as easy as I was anticipating. Five word to describe me... nope it's just not coming to me. Now why would this be? I should know who I am at the age of (nearly) 45 shouldn't I?

So here goes, we'll give it a shot...

Who do you think you are? at 45

LOST - lost because for the last 22 odd years I have been THE MOTHER. That was my role... to provide, care and think for the family. The go to person for all issues and problems, ready with a bit of advice or hug where required. A shoulder to cry on when things got tough, motivator to make the tough get going. Now... now that Chris and Liz are adults, I'm still the Mum just not so much. I am not sure who I am at the moment or where I fit but I am not too stressed, life has a way of working itself out I'm just taking the scenic route.

GEEK - who knew I would turn into such a nerd? I never thought I was particularly smart academics was not my thing, but I do love a challenge and computers certainly have given me that over the years. Once I got over my fear of computers and worked out that they will never think like me, we get along quite well. I love nothing more than to work with a program to find out what it can do. Five years ago I discovered scrapbooking and the web, always wanting to do things my way it wasn't long before I had my own site. Everything to do with the site I do myself, from installing and upgrading programs to changing the look and feel of the place.  If I think of something I want to do with the site, I am sure to find an answer on the web somewhere.  The knowledge I have gained is huge and I have probably forgotten just as much. Learn it, use it, forget it and move on to the next piece of knowledge.

POSITIVE - all my life! I wake up happy (mostly), there is no better way to face the day than with a smile.  I do believe every cloud has a silver lining if you look for it.  I know that no matter how bad my life is there is someone, somewhere in the world who has it a darn site worse than me.  When I start to moan and groan about how unfair life can be, I give myself a mental shake and take stock of all the good things in my life.  I have my health, I have my family, I am loved, I have a roof over my head, I have a good job, I have food on the table, I have laughter everyday, I couldn't ask more from life.

REACTIVE - but not of the nuclear kind...hehe. I have a tendency to react to situations instead of taking a well thought out approach. I was going to say I'm scatter brained but that's not true, I can be very focused when I want to be.

DREAMER - do we ever stop dreaming, I often think this is what motivates us in life.  I dream of having enough money so I never have to work for someone else.  I dream of one day owning my own brick and mortar craft store.  I dream of one day owning a top of the line Janome Sewing machine.  I dream of traveling the world.  I dream of never having to shop, cook or clean...oh and add washing to that list too! Even if none of these dreams come true, they are still nice to have.

Gulp!!!  Did I just write all that?  Well that's me at age 45 (almost), I should have a layout done tomorrow :)

Have a great day!
Sammy

No comments:

Post a Comment