February 21, 2012

Getting Inky...

Yahoo... I am having sooooo much fun getting inky in my craft room.  Here is my latest creation!!!  I love this little girl so much, I never, ever dreamed being a Grandma would be so wonderful. Isn't her little face adorable...

Yeah, yeah I know I'm bais...hehehe.  Anyway, I was inspired by Tammy Tutterow's - Papillon Tag.  I say inspired because what I came up with looks nothing like Tammy's tag...hahaha. 

I used a piece of art board for the base.  With the assistance of an ink blending tool, frayed burlap and stormy sky distressed ink was added all over the board.  I used a heat gun to dry the inks so I could then swipe white picket fence distress stain diagonally across the whole background. Again this was dried with the help of a heat gun so I could spray Perfect Pearl Mist all over.  The photo doesn't show it but the background has an nice pearly sheen, so pretty.  To finish the background off I inked randomly using different stamps and wild honey distressed stain.  Once the stamp was applied I blotted off the excess wet ink to give the stamped images a faded look.  

The edges of the board and the yellow matt behind the photo were then edged with brushed corduroy.  I added a strip of Symphony tissue tape, a piece of coffee coloured lace, flowers, leaves and bling to the photo to add interest.  The yellow lacy flower was a bit of an experiment, I am quite pleased with the result so I can see myself making more of these cuties.  A memo pin, paper flower, lace and a charm added to the top corner and to finish the whole frame off I added metal photo corners. 

My first EVER truly off the page, page project and I LOVE IT!!!

Have a great day!

1 comment: