February 16, 2012

Happy Valentine's - Part 2!!!

Hello friends!

As promised here is part 2 of Valentine's Day, this is what I whipped up for Hubby's gift.  You might remember I mentioned in this post Love is in the Air I was following Alissa Fast and her 29 Days of Love project which I shortened to 14 days...lol!  I decided to make a flip mini album using tags.

The Gift...
Basically each day's prompt starts with i love... so this was what I used for my front page.  The label shape and words were done with the print to cut feature on my Cameo.


Inside pages under construction...  each tag was embossed with various embossing folders by Tim Holtz and a couple of cuttle bugs, I think.  I then inked each one with Tea Dye Distressed Ink.  The labels were cut with my cameo again the print to cut feature, the font used Anastasia Script.  I then inked all the edges to match the tags. 


The finished pages...  a piece of ribbon or string was threaded through each tag before being stuck on to a 5x3in piece of burgundy card (sorry the photos don't do the colour justice).  The burgundy card pattern was something I designed in photoshop then printed double sided with my Epson printer.  The labels were foam mounted on top and on every second page I added an embellishment.  As you can see in this photo it was a filigree heart cut with my cameo, did I mention I love this machine...hahahaha


To finish off the mini album, I hole punched the top of each card and threaded a couple of D rings through the holes.  More ribbon tied to each ring and the flip mini album was complete.  I was so happy with the finished item and I'm pretty sure hubby was too if the look on his face was anything to go by.  Love that MAN!  

Have a great day!

1 comment: