April 03, 2012

Motivated...

Hey folks...

nothing like a bit of motivation to get ya moving, right :wink:  Motivated I have been, having just finished Creative Chemistry 101 I figured I had better do something with the notes.  What better way to house those pdf printouts then a tag, a big tag admittedly but a lot of fun to create...


I made the covers out of a thick cardboard covered with a manila folder, which I inked all over with Antique Photo Distress Ink.  The middle of the tag is a piece of Epson Matt Paper I printed inks splats on, then spritzed with water ready for a  swipe of Crushed Olive and Peel Paint Distress Stains over the top.  A few stamped images and a bit of Walnut Stain blended around the page gave it a nice dirty look...lol. 

Hexagon's are popular at the moment so I thought hey why not they kinda go with the whole chemistry theme.  I used my silhouette cameo to cut the hexagonal frame.  Each one of the hexagonal inserts was created using the techniques learnt from the course.  I wanted these to pop of the page a bit so I used foam mount, the image below shows this a bit better.


I sure had fun with this and it looks great sitting on a shelf in my craftroom :)

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment