August 16, 2012

Card Me Thursday - Kaszazz Pizzazz

Hi Folks,

How is your Thursday tracking?  I love Thursday's as it is the last working day of the week for me...yippee!  My card today had me doing a bit of a yippee too... I love the colours, I love the textures and I love the stamping!


The card front was embossed with one of the new embossing folders from Couture Creations - Romantique Collection: Pastorale, which was then inked over with Wild Honey and Bundled Sage Distressed Ink.  I then stitched twin rows of floss inside the embossing, using the We R Memory Keepers Sew Easy Stitcher.  Using Ranger Archival Ink: Coffee, I stamped several images in the center.

Inside is where the Pizzazz happens...


I attended a Make & Take Demo with my local Kaszazz Consultant - Julie, she was demonstrating a couple of Tim Holtz techniques learnt at a workshop in Melbourne when Tim visited Australia recently.   Not only was it a fun night with lots of ladies attending, I came home with four gorgeous tags - thank you Julie!  Only problem was I didn't want the tags to just be thrown in a box as they are soooo nice, so I figured they would make great bookmarks and what better way to give them... include them in a card.  The tag (this one was my favourite) was inspiration for the front of the card.

Perfect Pearls were used to give the awesome Kaszazz stamps a beautiful gold shimmery finish, that you can just see in the photo :)  Again Distressed Inks Wild Honey and Bundled Sage were used on the tag which I then heated to dry the inks.  I used Wild Honey as the ink for the stamps and then Perfect Pearls were applied on top. 

So very happy with the inside and out side of this card!
Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely card and fantastic use of the tag!
    I get a lot of people ask me what to do with them, and now I have another suggestion to offer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tags really are too nice to not use and I think the bookmark idea was your suggestion...lol

    ReplyDelete