May 14, 2013

Fun and Fresh Embossing!

OH MY STARS... where has a month gone! And what a month... we will have an addition to the family in October, another Grand baby and I am soooo excited.  I had a weekend visit with the Mumma and Pappa to be, then my DD came to visit us for a week.  Then unfortunately I was a little under the weather for a couple of weeks. In amongst all that I was making wedding invitation samples for a Nephew and his Bride to be...phew!

But this last weekend....wooooo!!! Got my crafty groove on and 'made pretty stuff'... lots of it, hahahaha!  Anyways back in March I entered the Couture Creations Facebook comp and I WON!!! So absolutely stoked to have won as I looooovvve Couture Creations embossing folders sooooo much. 

My winnings was a full set (10) Fresh & Fun Embossing Folders...YAAAAAAYYYY!!!  This was the happy mail I received, a beautifully wrapped parcel!

 
Here are a couple of cards I've made so far, the first folder used was the Peacock Pleasure folder.  I had seen a few peek-a-boo cards popping up acoss the web and thought this folder would be perfect. The stamps are by Kazzazz and Distress Markers were used to colour in the stamped images. 
 
 
I saw a card on Pinterest that my card below was based on... using the Petal Pleasures and Super Powder Puff folders.  I might also add this whole card was cut with my Silhouette Cameo :grin: 

 
and last but not least I wanted to play with a bit of colour and thought the Extra Flint folder would suit fun colours.  I used distress ink, then embossed, then with a bit of sandpaper gently rubbed the surface to reveal the embossed design a bit more.  Some Amy Tangerine ribbons and a fun, colourful card was complete. 

 
A huge thank you to Couture Creations for my prize, I know I will get a lot of use out of these folders.

Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing Sammy we are so happy you finally got to play with your new goodies ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Very creative use of the folders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Sammy - these are awesome. can see me scraplifting some if not all - thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete