March 18, 2014

Valentine Cards with the Silhouette

I know this post is maybe a little late, but hey it might give you ideas for next year...lol! 

I was a little stuck for ideas on what to make Hubby, instead of just one card I thought I could give him several this year...hehehe!  I happened to be shopping in the Silhouette Online Store when I saw several cut files and wordart files that I liked... so I bought them all!

Heart Flourish Gatefold Card - this one is just a straight cut file approx 3.75in or 9.5cm square which is a super cute size.

 
To dress up the inside I used the print and cut feature on the Silhouette by printing the wordart Love You onto a piece of Carta Bella's Beautiful Moments 6x6 paper.  This paper was cut just slightly smaller then the back of the note card. 

 
Same process with this card, only this time the cut file was - Baroque Heart Gatefold Card (#43317)
 
 
The Love Us swirl (#37548) is by Loni Stevens

Then I wanted to do something with this wordart Valentines Subway Art (#55082), but seriously I was not going to cut and stick each word onto a card!  Print and Cut feature I love you!!!


The inside got the same treatment but just a print no cutting...lol!  Valentine Subway Art (#38429) when sized to fit made a 4.25x5.75in or 10.5x15cm card... which is a good size to post here in Australia :)

The final card I made was a 5x7in or 13x18cm the Be My Valentine Title (#55200) was a Print and Cut job that I found very fiddly and the colours were not quite what I was expecting but I made the best of it.  The Hearts (#55083) below the title are the negative of the cut file, all placed on a bit of foam to make them pop off the page.  With of course a bit of Distress Ink - Spun Sugar around the edge.

For the inside of this card, I was not inclined to cut the Love You Forever Title (#55199) so instead used the print and cut feature again!  Did I mention that I love this feature on the Silhouette...hahaha!  Because we are super sappy when it comes to Valentine's Day I included a photo collage of the two of us!


To say Hubs was impressed with his Cards would be an understatement, I think he thought I forgot!  These really were quick to put together, I encourage anyone with a Silhouette to have a go at the Print and Cut feature... it really is so easy and fun!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment